What's Next for Hub Planner?

Below you can help shape the functionality of Hub Planner by suggesting your idea. We want to make sure we are listening to the users of Hub Planner and incorporating your Feedback within our Project Roadmap.

1. change date display format

It appears that all the dates are shown in Day/Month/Year format (today would be 21/10/2014), which, for someone who reads dates as Month/Day/Year (like (10/21/2014), is quite confusing. Could you add a setting for global date display formats that allows me to change my dates to be shown in the format I prefer?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove ability to enter Actuals on Timesheet for Vacation Days

If a day is booked as vacation, the timesheet still allows for actuals to be entered against the project(s). It would be useful if the Actual column was locked down to 0, as per the Booked column, to avoid data accidentally being entered against the wrong date

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove UI elements relating to extensions that haven't been purchased.

The UI is cluttered with extensions that we haven't puchased, which makes it harder for users, and leads to confusions (for example, "what Timesheets tool should we use now?"). Simple UI is so important to usability that this should outlay any benefits that come from sell-through as a result of people demanding these features.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to link custom fields with logic

Ability to link custom fields with logic so that only the fields required are displayed in dropdowns i.e Phase, Task and Activity Codes and have these fields displayed on the resource request and information tab for the booking. We have

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Subscribe to external calendar & automatically book as event, e.g. "unavailable"

In a matrix structure where a single team member might work on multiple projects, it becomes quite troublesome to keep track of resource availability. Subscribing to each resource's calendar e.g., Google, shared iCloud Exchange or basically a source where my Hubplanner project's bookings are NOT synced with (to avoid circular references) would provide me with an accurate, always up-to-date availability overview and greatly facilitate resource assignment for scheduled bookings.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When using vacation approval, a direct booking of vacation in scheduler should not be possible

When using vacation approval, a direct booking of vacation in scheduler should not be possible.

Currently, resources are able to directly book vacations in the scheduler even if they „should“ use the vacation approval.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Expenses Capture

If there is a method to attached a Purchase Order for billing and also ability to incorporate any expenses incurred chargeable back to the client.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. reason for rejection

when you reject a line in timecards, you currently don't have the in-line option to provide a reason that line was rejected. the supervisor needs to communicate that to the employee separately. if there is a line to provide reason for rejection, that would streamline the communication and time sheet adjustment.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Set required resources during a phase of a project

I would like the possibility to set the required amount of resources (hours) to be put into a project during a phase of the project.

For example, I need have e requirement to put in 300 hours before a milestone in mid February, but after that, I only have 200 hours for the rest of the year. This is not supported without splitting the project into two.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When using Vacations extension, to block a resource from changing his already approved vacations, if that resource has allocation permission

We are currently implementing the Vacation Extensions and we checked that the Team that have self allocation permissions can also edit own Approved Vacation days. In order to assure that the planned and approved vacation days are maintained we need to have those days 'locked' and allow changes via the established approval workflow, thus keeping the Team members self allocation for projects

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. View Projects in date order

Would be great if we could view the projects when on the scheduler to be viewed in order of start date.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Client relationship management feature

Hubplanner can really compete on a larger scale if you add CRM feature, which is similar to Resources but for Clients.

Even though you have "Custom fields" that can be changed to Client Management, what will be useful for a lot of businesses is the ability to manage clients as they are the ones who pay money.

Some proposed features include:
    - Address book A-Z
    - Add, edit, delete clients: name, contact details, position, organisation/company and some custom fields
    - For medium to large businesses, they deal with "organisations", which can have multiple individual clients (especially with consulting firms as…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. From timesheet view add tooltip explanation of what the project is about

Within the users timesheet view be nice to add a tooltip detailed explanation of what the project is about. Maybe linked from the notes or the custom field.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Dashboard: accumulated "Project Timeline" for all active projects

A "Project Timeline" can be found under "Dashboard" on project level. What I am currently missing is an opportunity to see all active projects in one overview with their respective time lines specified. I could imagine this functionality would look very similar to a gantt chart. The goal of this functionality is to be able to define the status (phase or milestone) of various projects at a quick glance.

Thanks for considering this development!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pull out the menu

Ability to stretch out menu to the side when booking resource/project so that you can view the entire project name. Sometime we have multiple projects linked to a single client and you can't see the full title of the project so you have to refer to your own records and match that to the number.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Print/Export Resource Dashboard

Resource and Project Dashboard are not exportable to PDF or Printable.
    this would be a great feature. Print screen option is not very flexible.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Default/custom availability is not sufficient

The current default/custom availability integration is not sufficient.

Example: I have a day off every 2 weeks. So in week 1 I work 5 days, in week 2 4 days, in week 3 again 5 days, etc.

There are more employees in my company with that patern, but there is no possibility to enter it in Hub Planner.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create a google apps plugin to allow for meetings which I accept in my google calendar to be pushed into hubplanner via API

I would like a google apps plugin which listens for when new meetings are entered into my calendar and automatically pushes them to Hubplanner.

Ideally would allow some control of which meetings get pushed to hubplanner

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PTO entered in Outlook would sync to Hub Planner

Link up Outlook so that if a resource plans Out Of Office (actually uses the Show as Out of Office) time in Outlook, it will show up in Hub Planner.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Highlight Holidays clearly in grid

At the moment, it's very hard to differentiate between Events and Holidays in the grid and it's not easy to see at a glance what these are. Would it be possible to highlight or colour code a column for holiday instead of using the flags and hover method?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

What's Next for Hub Planner?

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base