What's Next for Hub Planner?

Below you can help shape the functionality of Hub Planner by suggesting your idea. We want to make sure we are listening to the users of Hub Planner and incorporating your Feedback within our Project Roadmap.

1. Create Mobile App

Create a mobile app so we can stay logged in with easy access instead of saving the browser or having to login to the browser repeatedly. Also, increase the amount of changes you can make in the format/layout of the mobile browser/app layout. There isn't anything in the settings that allows us to customize our instance's mobile functionality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Project Code in the Scheduler

Add the ability to see the project code next to or below the project name or even replace the project name in the scheduler. There is a setting that says you can add the code to show in the scheduler but it only shows if you hover over the booking title. We would like it to show in the booking modal, scheduler assignment menu when assigning a new project, and have the control to place the project code where it's most helpful (for us that's the beginning of the booking data), etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Bookings to Project Dashboards

Customize project dashboard data including adding the bookings/ booking titles to the options in the project dashboards. You can see tasks right now but nothing to do with bookings or booking titles. As we don't use the tasks but rather booking's to schedule this makes the project dashboards virtually unusable to our organization.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. System Admin Priveleges

Be able to run system log reports on user data (access statistics, profile settings and/or changes, background instance data, etc.). This is pretty standard in most systems so it's surprising that Hub Planner doesn't have any "role" option that allows a super user access to the instance. Even the "owner role" doesn't allow these privileges. This includes logging in as another user to troubleshoot or train. Please add something to allow us the control of own instance as a sysadmin.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Filter or search by booking title in the scheduler.

To be able to search by a booking title within the scheduler. Example: search for "kickoff" and have the scheduler filter down to show only booking titles with the word kickoff in the title.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to adjust allocation for future instances

When deleting you have the option to delete all future instances. I would love to see the ability to adjust the allocation of a person for all future instances as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. daily capacity over two weeks (36 hours workweek)

The option to ajust the daily capacity every other week:
    Week 1,3,5 enz 40 hours
    Week 2,4,6, enz 32 hours

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Checkbox

Could you please enter a check box for Milestones and project phases so when a milestone is achieved it can be ticked.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Timesheets - chargeable and non-chargeable

Project managers need the ability to be able to track specific project tasks, resources need to be able to log time against those tasks. I need to be able to separate chargeable and non-chargeable work. At the moment our developers are wasting time typing in notes and multiple line items when adding in time sheets.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Possibility to divide project into areas/streams and to book resources within those

For big projects, that contains few modules/areas/streams it would be great to have an option to somehow divide it into groups. Then it should be possible to create bookings within this project within particular group. E.g. I have a project, where I need 5 people for module no 1, 7 people for module no 2 and 3 people for module no 3. This is one project, with one timeline and one PM. Currently all those 15 people are mixed - I would like to see them grouped per module.

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Recurring tasks with skip abilities

Being able to set recurring tasks for every X weeks, days, etc.

(Example - Project A assigned to Person 1 every 3 weeks).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show budget hours on the schedular project view

All of our team could really benefit from the budget hours showing next to the scheduled and reported hours on the schedular view for a project. In addition, it was a great feature that a project went to red when it was over reported. Is it possible to reinstate this feature?

Thank you

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Dashboard: accumulated "Project Timeline" for all active projects

A "Project Timeline" can be found under "Dashboard" on project level. What I am currently missing is an opportunity to see all active projects in one overview with their respective time lines specified. I could imagine this functionality would look very similar to a gantt chart. The goal of this functionality is to be able to define the status (phase or milestone) of various projects at a quick glance.

Thanks for considering this development!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hub Planner as an app - in order to plan on the go!

It would be great to have Hub Planner as an app, so it's possible to update and set up on the go.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability for an admin to "view as" another user

As an admin, when a user reports an issue or function to me - it would be helpful to be able to switch my view to see what they see. This would help me determine if what they are experiencing is unique to them or by design.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Release Notes

Not a feature per se, but would be really good to be able to provide release notes to Admins so they can support change where needed, rather than end users having independently trying to work things out when functionality is delivered.

Recent example being the implementation of the new reports feature. While great, this took users by surprise as they tried to work out what they needed to do.

This may exist but I have been unable to find it....

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove unnecessary white space

There is too much white space around the second row (where the Scheduled Time and Reported Time is displayed and the bottom of the frame. Also, the filter takes up too much space - can't this be a expandable - click on a down arrow or something and it expands to display the filter entry box, otherwise takes up too much valuable space. The column headers for year and month is also larger than necessary. Removing all this unnecessary spacing will help provide more space to other important resourcing info. Thanks.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currency converter within HubPlanner

We have resources scheduled on multiple projects that have different currencies. So when we run reports on spending some results are shown as 'mixed rates used' which make these reports unusable. And maybe give an option for a default currencies that your company works in, when setting up the HubPlanner account

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Projects

Ability to add the budget hours broken down into phases, for example, total project hours of 40, 10 design, 20 deployment, 5 design, 5 decom. Then be able to pull reports on the budget phases against the actuals.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Filter Manage Employees and Manage Projects lists by Active or provide default filter setting

I would like to see only active records in the Manage Employees and Manage Projects sections as I am getting all the archived records shuffled with active records and have to scroll or filter every time I go to the page.

Having 10 active projects I have to also deal with over 70 archived and select the relevant data every time I open the page.

Of course this may affect other people so better solution would be to provide a kind of "default filter" setting per user for those sections so that every user could set it up as appropriate.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

What's Next for Hub Planner?

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base