What's Next for Hub Planner?

Below you can help shape the functionality of Hub Planner by suggesting your idea. We want to make sure we are listening to the users of Hub Planner and incorporating your Feedback within our Project Roadmap.

1. Send an email notification to resources

Why don't send an email notification to every resource in the morning filled with his tasks/projects to do today

We are using a lot of tools in our daily business and we (the project managers) know that our resources won't use another tool. They would prefer to receive an email notification with their daily amount to do:
    - Which project / projects (including the notes to this project)
    - Which time ammount

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    started  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dependencies on Tasks

It would be nice to be able to move the project as a whole by adding dependencies to tasks. For example, design is dependent on wireframes; therefore when connecting them they will move together in the project when the schedule is changed. Without this you have to move each individual task as the schedule changes and that could be up to 10 tasks in one.

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. JIRA API integration

Pre-defined interface (preferably API) between Hub Planner (resource planning) and JIRA Tempo (time recording) to allow planned projects, resources and bookings to be imported/exported to enable comparison/reconciliation with actual time logged.

Plus detailed reports to support deeper analysis.

108 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Possibility to divide project into areas/streams and to book resources within those

For big projects, that contains few modules/areas/streams it would be great to have an option to somehow divide it into groups. Then it should be possible to create bookings within this project within particular group. E.g. I have a project, where I need 5 people for module no 1, 7 people for module no 2 and 3 people for module no 3. This is one project, with one timeline and one PM. Currently all those 15 people are mixed - I would like to see them grouped per module.

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tasks as Project children

Currently, Tasks are entered as Checklist and specific tasks cannot easily be (re)assigned to a resource.
    By having Tasks as Project children which are visible in scheduler view then easily assign specific tasks to individual resources

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Public Holidays per Country / User

I work for a global company and managing teams in different countries. We need to have Public Holidays specifically for each country and not all grouped together. At the moment it is showing I have so many public holidays (Hong Kong, Singapore and London)! Great as i dont need to work much now. ;0) Please make specific for each person in a company.

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Undo function

Several times now I've been a bit trigger-happy and clicked the wrong item, seen something disappear, but not been able to work out what it was.

And Undo function or list of activities would solve this 'problem'.

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Budget in days, not hours

We budget our time in days and it would be useful to have this ability in Hub Planner. Much easier to see how many days we have left for a project than having to divide total hours left by 7.5 (average day).

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a timer

Hi, After some testing within our company, we currently running a number of trials, we would like to know if there are plans to add a timer to the time recording section of the system?

This would enable team members to start a timer on a particular project and category, and have this reflected in the timesheet. This is a truer reflection of time spent than the suggested time taken directly from the scheduled tasks.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Timesheet - "Submit All" button to submit ALL time entries for the week not just that line

Its cumbersome having to sumbit each line and save each note indivdually. It would be great to just say "submit all" and be done. All notes, all entries are saved.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Milestones Report

It would be great to pull a list of all Milestones across projects. This would allow my team to look at all upcoming client meetings/events that we categorize under milestones.

Thank you!
    Dmytro

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hours budget for phases

I would like to be able to add an hours budget per phase, in addition to for the entire project. This way, I can book resources to phases and see which phases are over or under budget. Currently it is only possible to see overall project budgets, but projects with many phases, some of which are very far apart (in time) are not easy to look in to.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notifications for project changes

Notifications for project changes - project managers and managers would like to know when there are changes to projects as they need to know if their are shifts with the resources. It would be great to have the ability to send out notifications through email when these things happen. I can think of several ways this could be accomplished - set up a group called "Managers" and apply those that should receive notifications to that group. Or allow managers to subscribe to projects and/or resource groups. Then they would see updates on things they wanted to see vs. seeing everything.…

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. single sign on

When will HubPlanner be single sign on (SSO)?

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Custom fields in scheduler context drop-down menu

Option to have custom fields show up on the scheduler selection context menu so one could easily choose custom field options to apply to the booking selection. Similar to the Booking Category selection option that already exists. This would allow us to customize the booking selection based on our custom fields.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Toggl

It would be very handy if there was a way for my team members to track the time they spend on each project automatically with toggl. That way the resource wouldn't have to manually update the time-sheet and the time tracked would be more accurate.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Schedule Specific Notifications

It would be useful to have email and/or desktop notifications for when the schedule is changed; i.e. when a new project has been added, hours have been changed, dates have been shifted, et cetera.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show remaining project hours when booking resources to projects

When I'm booking resources to a project in the Group Schedule, I'd like to see how much time is remaining on the project as I'm dragging the project/resource across the date schedule.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Saved view of timesheets - booking category

Hi- Our team would LOVE to see a way to save timesheet views week over week including typical projects AND booking categories. Right now we can do a work around to save a project view, however booking categories default. This used to be available in our previous time tracking system and saved a lot of time.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

What's Next for Hub Planner?

Feedback and Knowledge Base