What's Next for Hub Planner?

Below you can help shape the functionality of Hub Planner by suggesting your idea. We want to make sure we are listening to the users of Hub Planner and incorporating your Feedback within our Project Roadmap.

1. Not card-based rates per project

I'd like to have the possibility to freely change the rate for a ressource on a project without having to select a predefined card but simply put in an arbitrary number.

Main Use-Case: Adjust ressource rate on a project so that reported time * rate equals set budget

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Toggle between favorite scheduler settings

I use the scheduler in a couple of different modes. Most of the time, I want to see a graphical representation of the reservation situation, but sometimes, I want to hide all reservation bars and just have a heatmap of availability (grouped rows + availability display => numbers).

It would be great, if we could have the possibility to save a few preferred settings for the scheduler and then be able to quickly toggle between those settings. In other words, being able to with one button click toggle between, e.g. a heatmap and a visual representation.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Single Sign On (SAML) for VMware Workspace ONE (Identity Manager)

I would really like to see a Single Sign On (SSO) + SAML for the integration between Hubplanner and Workspace ONE (Identity Manager).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Pre-Defined List of Tasks

My team perform many tasks during the week and often, it is the same types of tasks. It would be ideal to be able to select from a list of tasks that is configured by the administrator in addition to being able to enter custom task information (as exists today).

The quality of the task detail is diminished when I ask individuals to enter their activities as text every time.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Projects

Ability to add the budget hours broken down into phases, for example, total project hours of 40, 10 design, 20 deployment, 5 design, 5 decom. Then be able to pull reports on the budget phases against the actuals.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Split a booking in to parts within one booking

At present, if you break down a day's shift in to multiple projects, they don't overlap on the same row. This is very impractical when managing several resources. It would be great to see a feature where one booking can be split in to parts (e.g. break, lunch, other, etc with color coding) so that the interface continues to look intuitive and makes it easier for managers to visualize breakdowns for a resource at any given day.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Timesheets - notes (keeping running notes through the day)

Currently when scheduled tasks are actioned we record time (and make a note against that time. As the day progresses, additional work may come in against that same category. It would be better if we could edit the existing time record and note with the additional work. At the moment, if we want to update the time and edit the note, all previous records are blank and the note has to be recreated in full.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Trello integration

Would be great to pass tasks and subtasks to projects in Trello

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Give the amount for a hourly rate directly in the project's view

We have a wide variety of hourly rates in use, which makes the UX of current "hourly rate" implementation really cumbersome to use.

We rarely have the exact same price for two assignments, as the hourly depends on a multitude of factors (location, customer discounts, volume discounts, role, ..). This means, that for every single assignment, I have to manually add a new hourly rate category - and the list will grow large!

What I'd like to be able to do, is to have the list of default rates that I can use for common cases, but I should also…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow project managers to add resources to a project they manage

As the name suggests. Allow those who are assigned as a project manager for a project to be able to add an active resource

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Schedule edit permission only for team

Permission to edit bookings just for team members. Like in approver we can define a team, create a permission also to add or edit bookings for that team.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Define workflow approval hierarchy - managing time

It would be great to have the option to define a specific workflow approval hierarchy. As it is now, anyone with Manage Timesheet rights can approve anyone's time - which for us is too open. Ideally we would like to be able to define the approver for a particular resource or resource group. E.g. the HR staff's time is approved by the HR manager etc.

Thank you for having made an awesome tool - powerful and intuitive!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "Effective utilisation" stat

In reports, "available time" and "utilisation" are calculated as a ratio between available time and booked time.

It would be great to have also an "effective utilisation" ratio based not on booking/available but on reported/available, to see on the past weeks who was unoccupied...

Same thing in the timesheets : it's great to see how much time was declared in comparison of what was booked, but it would be great to have also "how much time was declared in comparison of available time for this ressource".

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. No limit on Resource Availability

Currently a resource is limited to 24 hrs/day. But there are contractors who have more employees, though up to 60 hrs/day worth of resources available to us. It’d be great if we could reflect that for the contractor.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show sum of hours per week per project

I have plenty of resources which are participating project during the week. Would be nice to show actual booked time for the project per week so I don't need to calculate it by my self

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Project Manager added to templates

Add project manager to upload and export templates for project related data. As the PM is part of the project modal I am not sure why this isn't included but it's something we would like to bulk upload or update as part of our project data.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Tasks from Dashboard

Dashboard is nice in theory, however you can't click anything to either add info or view further. Each item on the dashboard should be hot keyed for additional function.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Zappier integration to create project in specific status

At the moment all projects created by Zappier integration in HubPlanner go against active projects. Need project status in the API from zappier to allow customer to chose what status to create new project in.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add category to create project contextual menu.

At present we can schedule a project and add dates, allocation colour etc, but it would really helpful to add a 'category' at this point too. Presently have to go back in and assign, unless I am missing something?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For the project notes to be either visible directly, or easily accessible from the project Dashboard

Currently, there is no way ( that I can see ) to easily view or access the project notes from the project Dashboard screen., without going to into edit mode on the project. It would be ideal to have the notes available on the dashboard, either automatically appearing or via a button.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

What's Next for Hub Planner?

Categories